Dorothea Gartland and Maria Wright provide a guide to inter-country placements of children and the assessment of potential long-term carers At the heart of cases where overseas kinship placements are contemplated is a delicate balance of rights, ensuring that children are afforded the right to live with extended family overseas where this is possible, but …
Continue reading "International children: Across the seas"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- A Local Authority v M & ors  EWFC 36
- AR v RN (Scotland)  UKSC 35
- K, T and U (Placement of children with Kinship Carers Abroad)  EWFC 59
- M and T (Proposed Convention Adoption: Habitual Residence)  EWFC B239
- Re A (A Child)  EWCA Civ 41
- Re B (Care Proceedings: Appeal)  UKSC 33
- Re B-S (Children)  EWCA Civ 1146
- Re KL (a child)  UKSC 75
- Re LA (A Child)  EWHC 578 (Fam)
- Re S & T (Children)  EWHC 1753 (Fam)
- T (A Child: habitual residence)  EWFC 26