Robert Lindley and Wesley O’Brien discuss cases where offshore courts act as auxiliaries to those onshore Generally, for a foreign judgment to be capable of enforcement in an offshore common law jurisdiction such as Cayman or Jersey, it must be final and conclusive, for the payment of a sum of money and made by a …
Continue reading "Offshore: What is appropriate?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Charalambous v Charalambous  WTLR 1061
- Compass Trustees Ltd v McBarnett  JLR 321;  WTLR 461 RC (Jersey)
- Geneva Trust Company (GTC) SA v IDF & anor (Re Stingray Trust) (2020) FSD 248 of 2017 (IKJ) (21 December 2020)
- HSBC International Trustee Ltd v Tan Poh Lee & ors (2019) FSD 175 of 2019 (IKJ) (16 October 2019)
- Mubarak v Mubarik  JCA 196;  WTLR 1543 RC (Jersey)
- Re A Trust  2 CILR 416
- Re B Trust  JRC 185;  WTLR 1361 RC (Jersey)
- Re B Trust  2 CILR 248