Sukhninder Panesar considers the case law relating to proprietary estoppel when seeking to acquire an interest in land without complying with the formalities of the 1989 Act
You must be logged in and have an active subscription to view full content.
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Attorney General of Hong Kong v Humphrey’s Estate (Queen’s Gardens) Ltd  AC 114
- Davies v Davies  EWCA 463
- Gillet v Holt  EWCA Civ 66
- Jennings v Rice  EWCA Civ 159
- Taylor Fashions Ltd v Liverpool Victoria Trustees Co Ltd  QB 133
- Thorner v Major  UKHL 18
- Wills & ors v Sowray  EWHC 939 (Ch)
- Yeoman’s Row Management Ltd & ors v Cobbe  EWHC 266 (Ch),
- Yeoman’s Row Management Ltd & ors v Cobbe  EWCA Civ 1139
- Yeoman’s Row Management Ltd & ors v Cobbe  UKHL 55