Sukhninder Panesar considers the case law relating to proprietary estoppel when seeking to acquire an interest in land without complying with the formalities of the 1989 Act Etherton J held that the proprietary estoppel was sufficient grounds for the enforcement of the terms of the oral contract. The question whether proprietary estoppel can be pleaded …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Davies & anor v Davies  EWCA Civ 463
- Jennings v Rice & ors  EWCA Civ 159;  WTLR 367 CA
- Thorner v Major & ors  UKHL 18;  WTLR 713 HL
- Yeoman's Row Management Ltd & anor v Cobbe  EWCA Civ 1139;  WTLR 1473 CA
- Yeoman's Row Management Ltd & anor v Cobbe  UKHL 55;  WTLR 1461 HL