As the office Christmas party season gets underway, the Court of Appeal has provided a sobering reminder to employers of the breadth of their accountability for any misconduct by employees. Joanna Chatterton and Ed Livingstone report
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Barclays Bank plc v Various Claimants  EWCA Civ 1670
- Bellman v Northampton Recruitment Ltd  EWCA Civ 2214
- Lister v Hesley Hall Ltd  UKHL 22
- Mohamud v WM Morrison Supermarkets  EWCA Civ 116;  UKSC 11
- Ready Mixed Concrete (South East) Ltd v Minister of Pensions and National Insurance  EWHC QB 3
- WM Morrison Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants  EWCA Civ 2339