As the office Christmas party season gets underway, the Court of Appeal has provided a sobering reminder to employers of the breadth of their accountability for any misconduct by employees. Joanna Chatterton and Ed Livingstone report ‘The policy reasons for the courts wanting to make an employer liable are many, not least because the business …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Barclays Bank plc v Various Claimants  EWCA Civ 1670
- Bellman v Northampton Recruitment Ltd  EWCA Civ 2214
- Lister v Hesley Hall Ltd  UKHL 22
- Mohamud v WM Morrison Supermarkets  EWCA Civ 116;  UKSC 11
- Ready Mixed Concrete (South East) Ltd v Minister of Pensions and National Insurance  EWHC QB 3
- WM Morrison Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants  EWCA Civ 2339