Daniel Scott analyses a civil fraud case that may serve as a precursor for similar cases in the private client sphere on the misappropriation of cryptocurrencies The concession made in this case is to favour the trust analysis such that it is now relatively uncontroversial to view cryptocurrencies as property capable of being held on …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- AA v Persons Unknown & ors  EWHC 3556 (Comm)
- Bieber & ors v Teathers Ltd  EWCA Civ 1466;  WTLR 1 CA
- Goldcorp Exchange Ltd (in receivership) & ors v Liggett & ors  UKPC 3
- Hunter v Moss  EWCA Civ 11
- Re Lehman Brothers International (Europe) Ltd  EWHC 2914 (Ch); WTLR (w) 2010-12