Vikkie Chetcuti examines the meaning of associated person in the Family Law Act 1996 and the extent to which the courts may adopt a purposive approach to interpreting statutory language The structure of FLA 1996 indicates that Parliament was prepared to include certain step-relationships in respect of relationships of lineal descent but decided not to …
Continue reading "Domestic abuse: Drawing a line"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Chechi v Bashier & ors  EWCA Civ 962
- G v F (Non-Molestation Order: Jurisdiction)  2 FLR 533
- M v D (Family Law Act 1996: Meaning of 'Associated Person')  EWHC 1351 (Fam)
- Pepper v Hart  UKHL 3
- Re Daoust  1 All ER 443
- Seale-Hayne v Jodrell  AC 304
- Shelley v Bryer (1821) Jac 207