A supervisor’s recent EAT win has highlighted the extent of the protections available to employees who have health and safety duties, explains Annabel Mackay Provided that employees act within their mandate and do not carry out their activities in a malicious or extraneous manner, they will enjoy protection from dismissal. The recent case of Sinclair …
Continue reading "Automatic unfair dismissal: Understand employees’ protection from dismissal for health and safety reasons"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Goodwin v Cabletel UK Ltd  UKEAT/95/96/2407
- Masiak v City Restaurants (UK) Ltd  UKEAT/683/97/2906
- Oudahar v Esporta Group Ltd  UKEAT/0566/10/2206
- Rodgers v Leeds Laser Cutting Ltd  ET 1803829/2020
- Shillito v Van Leer (UK) Ltd  UKEAT/271/96/2511
- Sinclair v Trackwork Ltd  UKEAT/0129/20/OO