Sarah Williams considers an application by a journalist for a disclosure order in the context of steps towards further transparency in the family courts The decision in Newman goes some way to ensuring that the costs of similar applications should not be prohibitive and provide some comfort to other journalists seeking similar applications in the …
Continue reading "Media access: Eyes wide open"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Newman v Southampton City Council & ors (No 2: costs and the application for permission to appeal)  EWHC 2148 (Fam)
- Newman v Southampton City Council & ors  EWHC 2103 (Fam)
- Norfolk County Council v Webster & ors  EWHC 2733 (Fam)
- President’s Guidance (Applications Consequent upon the Attendance of the Media in Family Proceedings)  2 FLR 167
- Re M (A Child)  EWCA Civ 240
- Re R (A Child)  EWCA Civ 482
- Re S (A Child) (identification: Restrictions on Publication)  UKHL 47
- Tickle v Council of the Borough of North Tyneside & ors  EWHC 2991 (Fam)