Timothy Sherwin explores the unanimity principle, and the position of trustees managing art and cultural property ‘Strangers need only examine the trust instrument and satisfy themselves that the relevant power can be validly exercised by only some of the trustees, and they can then assume that the actual exercise by some of the trustees is …
Continue reading "Trusts: Striking an artful balance"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- ACLBDD Holdings Ltd & ors v Staechelin & ors  EWHC 44 (Ch)
- Land and Agricultural Bank of South Africa v Parker  ZASCA 56
- Mahoney v East Holyford Mining Co (1875) LR 7 HL 869
- Royal British Bank v Turquand (1856) 6 E&B 327
- Sovereign Trustees Ltd & anor v Glover & ors  EWHC 1750 (Ch)
- Staechelin & ors v ACLBDD Holdings Ltd & ors  EWCA Civ 817
- Van der Merwe NO & ors v Hydraberg Hydraulics CC & ors  ZAWCHC 129
- Zhang Hong Li & anor v DBS (Hong Kong) Ltd & ors  HKCA 435