Corinne Iten considers when judicial review may be a potential remedy in family proceedings, and the restricted powers of the court even where an application is successful ‘The function of the High Court on judicial review is to scrutinise the legality of the decisions, acts or omissions of the local authority (or, indeed, any other …
Continue reading "Judicial Review: Limited options"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- R (on the application of Cunningham) v Hertfordshire County Council & anor  EWCA Civ 1108
- R (on the application of G) (FC) v London Borough of Southwark  UKHL 26
- R (on the application of H) v Kingston Upon Hull City Council  EWHC 388 (Admin)
- Re C (Adoption: Religious Observance)  1 FLR 1119
- Re L (Care Proceedings: Human Rights Claims)  EWHC 665 (Fam)