Tabitha Georghiou and Matthew Ramsey examine the impact of two cases on the existing tests to establish employers’ liability for acts committed by employees or other individuals ‘It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the courts have preferred to use relatively loose language to describe the test for vicarious liability so that they can …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cox v Ministry of Justice  EWCA Civ 132;  UKSC 10
- Dubai Aluminium Co Ltd v Salaam  UKHL 48;  WTLR 163
- Lister v Hesley Hall Ltd  UKHL 22
- Mohamud v WM Morrison Supermarkets  EWCA Civ 116;  UKSC 11
- The Catholic Child Welfare Society v Various Claimants  EWCA Civ 1106;  UKSC 56
- Warren v Henlys Ltd  2 All ER 935