Jamie Curle and Camilla Macpherson provide some pointers on drafting jurisdiction clauses from recent case law ‘The English courts will seek to give effect to the parties’ agreement on jurisdiction in the absence of strong reasons for departing from that agreement.’ As deals become ever more complex and global, the courts are increasingly being asked …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Fiona Trust & Holding Corporation v Privalov  EWCA Civ 20;  UKHL 40
- Goldman Sachs International v Novo Banco SA  EWHC 2371 (Comm)
- James Petter v EMC Europe Ltd & anor  EWCA Civ 828
- Monde Petroleum SA v Westernzagros Ltd  EWHC 67 (Comm);  EWHC 1472 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 25
- Trust Risk Group SpA v AmTrust Europe Ltd  EWCA Civ 437