Mark Pawlowski explores the rules governing liability of joint tenants and their guarantors for rent under the lease ‘A guarantor for the obligations of the original tenant is invariably a party to the lease. In other words, the guarantor’s covenant is made with the landlord and the latter can sue on the direct covenant between …
Continue reading "Leases: Joint liability and lease guarantors"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- A Plesser & Co Ltd v Davis  2 EGLR 70
- Brooks Wharf and Bull Wharf Ltd v Goodman Bros  1 KB 534
- Deanplan Ltd v Mahmoud  Ch 151
- GMS Syndicate Ltd v Gary Elliott Ltd  Ch 1
- Holme v Brunskill (1878) 3 QBD 495
- Moule v Garrett (1872) LR 7 Exch 101
- Re A Debtor (No 627 of 1936)  Ch 156
- Selous Street Properties Ltd v Oronel Fabrics Ltd  1 EGLR 50