John McDonald of 2TG considers the vexed question of whether one insurer can challenge another insurer’s avoidance of a motor policy ‘Proceedings for a s152 declaration are usually brought under the accelerated CPR Part 8 procedure on the basis that there is unlikely to be a substantial dispute of fact as to non-disclosure or misrepresentation …
Continue reading "Motor Insurance: Please can I join the party?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Equity Red Star v Meppen-Walter v Quinn (2013) unreported, Manchester County Court
- Fisher Meredith LLP v JH & anor  EWHC 408 (Fam)
- Gurtner v Circuit  2 QB 587
- Humber Work Boats v Selby Paradigm  EWHC 1804
- NFU v Pollard & Groupama (2010) unreported, Central London County Court
- Preserve Insurance v Chikuza & Allianz (2014) unreported, Birmingham County Court
- RSA v Yahiaoui & Provident (2009) unreported, Manchester County Court
- Sabre Insurance v Jones & EUI (2013) unreported, Brighton County Court
- Zurich v Livingston  SC 582