Will the latest Court of Appeal decision leave tenants at breaking point? Helen Pickard considers the recent case of Friends Life ‘In Friends Life, Lewison LJ determined that while the meaning of the notice was clear and correct in all regards, the form of notice was non-compliant. There had to be strict compliance and, on …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cusack v London Borough of Harrow  EWCA Civ 1514;  UKSC 40
- Friends Life Ltd v Siemens Hearing Instruments Ltd  EWCA Civ 382
- Garston v Scottish Widows Fund & Life Assurance Society  1 WLR 834;  EWCA Civ 1091
- Investors Compensation Scheme Ltd v West Bromwich Building Society  UKHL 28
- Proctor & Gamble Technical Centres Ltd v Brixton plc  EWHC 2835 (Ch)
- United Scientific Holdings Ltd v Burnley Borough Council  AC 904