Lauren Thomson considers the role of the project manager and how this has been interpreted by the courts ‘Traditionally, the courts have found it difficult to define the role of a project manager, referring to the practice as an ’emerging professional discipline’ and stating that the requirements would depend to a large extent on the …
Continue reading "Construction Contracts: A word of warning for project managers"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Chesham Properties Ltd v Bucknall Austin Project Management Services Ltd (1996) 82 BLR 92
- Pozzolanic Lytag Ltd v Bryan Hobson Associates (1999) 1 T.C.L.R. 233
- Royal Brompton Hospital NHS Trust v Hammond (No.9)  EWHC 2037 (TCC)
- Sweett (UK) Ltd v Michael Wight Homes Ltd  EW Misc 3 (CC)
- Trustees of Ampleforth Abbey Trust v Turner & Townsend Project Management Ltd  EWHC 2137 (TCC)