Paul Tonkin summarises recent case law Mortgagee’s losses on fraudulent sale Godiva Mortgages Ltd v Khan  In this case, Godiva lent £321,750 to Mrs Khan in the belief that it would acquire a legal charge over a property that she was purchasing. In fact, it transpired that there was no purchase as the purported …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Ampurius Nu Homes Holdings Ltd v Telford Homes (Creekside) Ltd  EWHC 1820 (Ch)
- Beitov Properties Ltd v Martin  UKUT 133 (LC)
- CGIS City Plaza Shares Ltd v Britel Fund Trustees Ltd  EWHC 1594 (Ch)
- Drysdale v Hedges  EWHC B20 (QB)
- E.ON UK plc v Gilesports Ltd  EWHC 2172 (Ch)
- Makro Properties Ltd v Nuneaton and Bedworth BC  EWHC 2250 (Admin)