In the conclusion to a two-part analysis Hannah Minty and Sally Nash compare the differences in practice between financial provision in England and Wales and in Scotland ‘In Scotland, inherited assets are specifically excluded from the definition of matrimonial property, and therefore are not taken into account in determining entitlement to financial provision.’ Part one …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Charman v Charman (No 4)  EWCA Civ 503;  WTLR 1151 CA
- K v L (Ancillary Relief: Inherited Wealth)  EWHC 1234 (Fam);  EWCA Civ 550;  WTLR 153
- Kremen v Agrest  EWHC 2571 (Fam);  EWHC 3091 (Fam);  EWHC 45 (Fam)
- Radmacher v Granatino  UKSC 42; WTLR(w) 2010-13
- Whaley v Whaley  EWCA Civ 617;  WTLR 1267 CA