William Hibbert advises claimants and defendants on practice and procedure ‘An innocent claimant can recover damages for loss of use of his or her car even where a car is a non-profit earning chattel. Further, it is the duty of the claimant to mitigate that loss. Hiring a replacement car is such mitigation.’ Credit hire …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Beechwood Birmingham Ltd v Hoyer Group UK Ltd  EWCA Civ 647
- Burdis v Livsey  EWCA Civ 510
- Giles v Thompson  UKHL 2
- Lagden v O'Connor  EWCA Civ 510;  UKHL 64
- Pattni v First Leicester Buses Limited; Bent v Highways and Utilities Construction  EWCA Civ 1384
- Solomon v Cromwell Group plc  (unreported, 2 August 2010, Manchester CC);  EWCA Civ 1584