Christopher Hitchins casts doubt on the government’s ability to limit damages for discrimination given the restraints of EU law ‘The government is considering implementing a system of caps on discrimination awards in the UK. Some of these changes have already been announced and a proposed implementation date has been set.’ Against the backdrop of the …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Chagger v Abbey National plc  EWCA Civ 1202
- Da'Bell v NSPCC  UKEAT 0227/09/2809
- Malik v Bank of Credit and Commerce International SA  UKHL 23
- Marshall v Southampton and South-West Hampshire Area Health Authority  EUECJ C-271/91
- Vento v Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police  EWCA Civ 1871
- Wardle v Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank  EWCA Civ 545;  EWCA Civ 770