Giles Eyre looks at keeping expert witnesses up to the mark ‘In Jones v Kaney, the Supreme Court, by a majority of 5:2, overturned 400 years of established law in removing the immunity of expert witnesses.’ For as long as any of us can remember, if in the course of personal injury or clinical negligence …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Arthur JS Hall and Co v Simons  UKHL 38
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee  1 WLR 582
- Jones v Kaney  UKSC 13
- Phillips v Symes  EWHC 2330 (Ch);  UKHL 1
- Rhodes v West Surrey and North East Hampshire HA  Lloyds Law Rep Med 246
- Saif Ali v Sydney Mitchell & Co (a firm)  UKHL 6