Old mistakes made when disciplining employees can come back to bite employers if they later decide to dismiss, caution Nicholas Robertson and Karen Stewart Two recent Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) decisions, Davies v Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council  and Sakharkar v Northern Foods Grocery Group Ltd t/a Fox’s Biscuits , have highlighted the dangers inherent …
Continue reading "Disciplinary Procedures: You have been warned"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- BHS v Burchell  UKEAT/108/78
- Co-Operative Retail Service Ltd v Lucas  UKEAT/145/93
- Davies v Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council  UKEAT/0416/10
- Sakharkar v Northern Foods Grocery Group Ltd t/a Fox's Biscuits  UKEAT/0442/10
- Stein v Associated Dairies  IRLR 447
- Tower Hamlets Health Authority v Anthony  IRLR 394