Recent case law sets out the position of the courts and the expected role of Parliament on assisted suicide. David Foster discusses
You must be logged in and have an active subscription to view full content.
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Airedale NHS Trust v Bland  UKHL 17
- Briggs v Briggs & ors (2)  EWCOP 53
- Carter v Canada (Attorney General)  SCC 5
- Haas v Switzerland  ECHR 2422
- Pretty v United Kingdom  UKHL 61;  ECHR 427
- R (on behalf of Conway) v the Secretary of State for Justice  WTLR 597
- R (on the application of Nicklinson & anor) v Ministry of Justice; R (on the application of AM) (AP) v The Director of Public Prosecutions  UKSC 38
- R (on the application of Purdy) v Director of Public Prosecutions  UKHL 45
- R (Quila & anor) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKSC 45