In the first part of a new series on how to write or refresh employment policies, Clare Davis looks at what to include in a staff handbook and how to avoid problems when making changes ‘Key policies for any organisation to include, regardless of size, would be equal opportunities and disciplinary and grievance procedures.’ A …
Continue reading "Staff procedures: Create or update an employee handbook"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bateman & ors v Asda Stores Ltd  UKEAT/0221/09/ZT
- Department for Transport v Sparks & ors  EWCA Civ 360
- Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd & anor v Attrill  EWCA Civ 394
- Harlow v Artemis International Corp Ltd  EWHC 1126 (QB)
- Hickey v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government  EWHC 3163 (QB)
- Keeley v Fosroc International Ltd  EWCA Civ 1277
- London Borough of Wandsworth v D’Silva & anor  UKEAT 470/96/1703
- Newbound v Thames Water Utilities Ltd  EWCA Civ 677
- Taylor v Secretary of State for Scotland  UKHL 28