Lauren Hepburn reviews a case providing a reminder to be clear, certain and specific in the drafting of LADs provisions It was recognised that the very fact that Schedule 10, a bespoke LAD regime, was included in the contract demonstrates that the parties intended for it to have some legal effect. As we enter a …
Continue reading "Construction focus: Liquidated damages provisions in construction contracts"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Alebrahim v BM Design London Ltd  EWCA Civ 183
- Anangel Atlas Companies Naviera SA v Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries  2 Lloyd’s Rep
- Arnold v Britton & ors  UKSC 36
- Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd v Peel L&P Investments and Property Ltd  EWHC 1842 (TCC)
- Cavendish Square Holdings BV V Talal El Makdessi  (UKSC 67)
- Eco World-Ballymore Embassy Gardens Company Ltd v Dobler UK Ltd  EWHC 2207 (TCC)