Georgina Muskett reviews some of the issues that have arisen from landlord and tenant cases since the pandemic Since the pandemic, some commentators have observed that the problems that arose as a result of the lockdowns could be resolved by using turnover rents, with landlord and tenant ‘sharing the pain’. Throughout 2021 and 2022 there …
Continue reading "1954 Act lease renewals: The post-pandemic landscape"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Clipper Logistics Plc v Scottish Equitable Plc (7 March 2022) (County Court at Sheffield)
- Milestar Limited v Mr Narendra Gandesha (1) Homerton Holdings Limited (2) (6 May 2022) (Central London County Court)
- O’May v City of London Real Property Co Ltd  2 AC 726
- Poundland Limited v Toplain Limited (7 April 2021) (Brentford County Court)
- Savills-Edells & Saville-Edells v Jain (15 December 2021) (The First-tier Tribunal sitting as the County Court at Central London)
- W (No.3) GP (Nominee A) Limited and another v JD Sports Fashion plc (2021) (22 October 2021) (Nottingham County Court)
- WH Smith Retail Holdings Limited v Commerz Real Investmentgesellschaft mbH (25 March 2021) (Winchester County Court)