While conditions at Manston processing centre were grabbing headlines, less was said about the planning challenge brought by local councils wanting to prevent local hotels being used as temporary accommodation by asylum seekers. Saira Kabir Sheikh KC considers the case An injunction under s187B is a powerful and useful tool for a local planning authority. …
Continue reading "Case update: Stoke-on-Trent City Council, the Home Office and asylum seekers"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Hertfordshire County Council v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government  EWCA Civ 1473;  JPL 560
- Ipswich Borough Council v Fairview Hotels (Ipswich) Ltd & others  EWHC 2868 (KB)
- LB Bromley v Persons unknown and others  EWCA 12
- South Bucks v Porter  UKHL 26
- Westminster City Council v Secretary of State and another  EWCA Civ 482