Katie Alsop explores the latest developments in proprietary estoppel Despite the benefit which had been conferred upon them by virtue of the transfer of the farmhouse, that did not discharge the detriment associated with the promises and assurances made to Simon and Alison. The doctrine of proprietary estoppel is fast becoming known as the gift …
Continue reading "Farming disputes: The three ‘P’s – partnerships, proprietorships and proprietary estoppel"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Horsford v Horsford  EWHC 584 (Ch);  WTLR 519 ChD
- Kingsley & anor v Kingsley  EWCA Civ 297;  WTLR 593 CA
- Morton v Morton & anor  EWHC 163 (Ch) (to be reported in the web reports of the Wills and Trusts Law Reports)
- Wills v Sowray  EWHC 939 (Ch);  WTLR(w) 2021-07
- Windsor-Clive & ors v Rees & anor  EWHC 3180 (Ch)