Jonathan Ross focuses on some recent cases which reflect the changing rental market, and the vital importance of establishing and relying on relevant comparables As held in the JD Sports case, turnover rents are now very difficult to justify on renewal even where the old lease had a turnover rent. Primarily as a result of …
Continue reading "Lease renewals: Following the pandemic"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- HPUT Trustees No. 1 and 2 Ltd v Boots UK Ltd  unreported
- Poundland Ltd v Toplain Ltd  unreported
- S. Frances Ltd v Cavendish Hotel (London) Ltd  unreported
- Saville-Edells v Jain  unreported
- W (No. 3) GP (Nominee A) v JD Sports Fashion  unreported
- WH Smith Retail Holdings Limited v Commerz Real Investmentgesellshaft MBH  unreported