Sarah Erwin-Jones and Louise Fisher look at the responsibilities of local authorities to children who remain living at home with their family It is important to distinguish the duty of care which arises after a full care order, where the local authority becomes a statutory parent, from the entirely different position of a child receiving …
Continue reading "Local authorities: A careful balance"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- DFX & ors v Coventry City Council  EWHC 1382 (QB)
- HXA & anor v Surrey County Council  EWHC 250 (QB)
- HXA v Surrey County Council; YXA (a protected party by his litigation friend, the Official Solicitor) v Wolverhampton City Council  EWHC 2974 (QB)
- Michael & ors v The Chief Constable of South Wales Police & anor  UKSC 2
- Poole Borough Council v GN & anor  UKSC 25
- YXA v Wolverhampton City Council  EWHC 1444 (QB)