In an uncertain market, security of performance when it comes to tenants’ obligations continues to be important. Mark Shelton investigates the various options The main drawback with rent deposits is that a tenant may not be able to put up the required funds. Even if it can, many tenants will not want to lock up …
Continue reading "Commercial leases: Security for rent"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Hindcastle v Barbara Attenborough Associates  AC 70
- Holme v Brunskill (1877-78) LR 3 QBD 495
- Howard de Walden Estates Ltd v Pasta Place Ltd  1 EGLR 79
- K/S Victoria Street v House of Fraser (Stores Management) Ltd  EWCA Civ 904
- Prudential Assurance Co Ltd v PRG Powerhouse Ltd  EWHC 1002 (Ch)
- RBS v Etridge (no. 2)  2 AC 773
- Topland Portfolio No 1 Ltd v Smiths News Trading Ltd  EWCA Civ 18
- Trustees of Beardsley Theobalds Retirement Benefit Scheme v Yardley  EWHC 1380
- West Horndon Industrial Park Ltd v Phoenix Timber Group Plc  1 EGLR 77