Sophia Rogers looks at a decision illuminating the position on the recovery of CFA success fees in Inheritance Act 1975 awards Unless a CFA-funded claimant can recover their success fee or a contribution thereto as part of their award, the success fee constitutes a debt which may undermine the purpose of their carefully tailored, needs-based …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bullock v Denton (2020) unreported Leeds County Court HHJ Gosnell 15 April
- Clarke v Allen & anr  EWHC 1193 and 1194 (Ch); WTLR(w) 2019-10
- Hirachand v Hirachand & anr  EWCA Civ 1498;  WTLR 185 CA
- Ilott v The Blue Cross & ors  UKSC 17;  WTLR 533 SC
- Re H  EWHC 1134 (Fam);  WTLR 479 Fam D