Daniel Whittle, Olivia Heiniger and Adam Reeves consider a recent appeal decision and preceding authority relating to how the curtilage of a listed building is determined At appeal, one of the main issues to be decided was whether the cottage was within the curtilage of Swanland Hall. The answer to this question would determine whether …
Continue reading "Curtilage – in or out?: Swanland Hall and the law following Blackbushe"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Attorney General ex rel Sutcliffe v Calderdale  7 WLUK 340
- Blackbushe Airport Ltd v Hampshire County Council, R (On the Application of) & Ors  EWCA Civ 398
- Debenhams plc v Westminster City Council  A.C. 396
- Hampshire CC v Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  EWHC 959 (Admin)
- Harrods Ltd v Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions  EWHC 600 (Admin)
- Main v Secretary of State for the Environment (1998) 77 P&CR 300
- Methuen-Campbell v Walters  Q.B. 525
- Phillips v Secretary of State In Communities and Local Government and South Oxfordshire District Council  EWHC 3117 (Admin)
- Regina (Hampshire County Council) v Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  3 W.L.R. 567