An internal dispute at a religious charity led to High Court clarification on the extent to which members of a charity are fiduciaries. Philip Reed explores the implications Jaffer represents a step towards greater certainty in respect of members’ duties outside charities established as Companies Act companies. Readers will doubtless be familiar with the Supreme …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Armitage v Nurse  EWCA Civ 1279
- Lehtimäki & ors v Cooper  UKSC 33;  WTLR 967 SC
- Lehtimäki v The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (UK)  EWCA Civ 1605;  WTLR 491 CA
- Mothew (T/A Stapley & Co) v Bristol & West Building Society  EWCA Civ 533
- The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation UK v Attorney General & ors  EWHC 1379 (Ch)