Stephen Alexander explores when it is possible to exclude a beneficiary under a discretionary trust Typically, if a beneficiary is excluded from a class by way of exercise of a power of exclusion, he or she can take no further interest under the settlement. A power to exclude a beneficiary is a fiduciary power which, …
Continue reading "Fiduciary powers: Stocktaking"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Re S Settlement  JLR Note 37
- Reed v Papyrus Investments Ltd  JRC 035A
- Representation of G.B. Trustees  JRC 048
- Representation of the Otto Poon Trust  JRC 254A
- The Public Trustee v Cooper  WTLR 901 Ch D