As restrictions put in place at the start of the pandemic are lifted at the end of June, Mark Shelton considers the potential remedies currently available to landlords as well as those which could be introduced It seems plain that the corporate rescue culture will take primacy over the interests of landlords, and that many …
Continue reading "Lifting of rent recovery restrictions: Breaking the dam, or falling off the cliff?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited v Cine-UK Limited  EWHC 1013 (QB)
- Carraway Guildford (Nominee A) Ltd v Regis UK Ltd  EWHC 1294 (Ch)
- Commerz Real Investmentgesellschaft mbH v TFS Stores Ltd  EWHC 863 (Ch)
- Discovery (Northampton) Ltd v Debenhams Retail Ltd  EWHC 2441 (Ch)
- Financial Conduct Authority v Arch Insurance (UK) Ltd and others  UKSC 1
- Lazari Properties 2 Ltd v New Look Retailers Ltd  EWHC 1209 (Ch)
- Re Virgin Active Holdings Ltd  EWHC 1246 (Ch)