Jo Broadbent rounds up recent developments affecting employers and their advisers To establish a defence under the Equality Act, employers have to show that they have taken all reasonable steps to prevent employees from committing acts of discrimination or harassment. Agency workers not entitled to apply for vacancies, just to be told about them Under …
Continue reading "Legal news: Employment update"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Allay (UK) Ltd v Gehlen  UKEAT/0031/20/AT
- Angard Staffing Solutions Ltd & anor v Kocur & anor  UKEAT/0105/19/JOJ
- Chalmers v Airpoint Ltd & ors  UKEATS/0031/19/SS
- Cumming v British Airways plc  UKEAT/0337/19/JOJ
- Gordon v J & D Pierce (Contracts) Ltd  UKEATS/0010/20/SS
- Kaur v Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 978