Mark Pawlowski examines the doctrine of commorientes with particular reference to its implications for property held on a joint tenancy Where there is uncertainty surrounding the circumstances of joint or simultaneous death (ie, so that it is not known who died first), a fairer and more just solution is to convert the joint tenancy into …
Continue reading "Succession: Who died first?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Hickman & ors v Peacey  AC 304
- In the Estate of Guggenheim (1941) The Times, 20 June
- Re Bate (deceased): Chillingworth v Bate  2 All ER 418
- Re Lindop, Lee-Barber v Reynolds  Ch 377
- Re Pringle, Baker v Matheson  Ch 124