Natasha Kirk and James Sandiford ask when care proceedings should be withdrawn and highlight that the answer may not be obvious and caution must be taken The guardian’s grounds of appeal centred on criticism of the judge’s decision to determine the issue of threshold summarily, without hearing and testing the evidence of lay parties and …
Continue reading "Public children: Not a foregone conclusion"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- A County Council v DP & ors  EWHC 1593 (Fam)
- A Local Authority v X Y and Z (Permission to Withdraw)  EWHC 3741 (Fam)
- GC v A County Council & ors  EWCA Civ 848
- Re J A M and X (Children)  EWHC 4648 (Fam)
- Redbridge London Borough Council v B & ors  EWHC 517 (Fam)