Katie Alsop discusses a proprietary estoppel claim that succeeded despite little documentary evidence and the claimants not being family members With the benefit of hindsight, this case would have been eminently suitable for mediation. It does act as a stark reminder of the obligation on practitioners to discuss with clients the expectations of the court …
Continue reading "Proprietary estoppel: An unusual plot"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Guest & anor v Guest  EWCA Civ 387 (to be reported in the online reports of Wills and Trusts Law Reports)
- Horsford v Horsford  WTLR 519 Ch D
- Jennings v Rice  WTLR 367 CA
- Re H (Deceased)  WTLR 479 Fam D
- Wills & anor v Sowray  EWHC 939 (Ch) (to be reported in the online reports of Wills and Trusts Law Reports)