Robert Lindley and Wesley O’Brien give the view from the Cayman Islands on how trustees should deal with extraterritorial questions about a trust The basis for seeking Beddoe relief was in accordance with the firewall provisions, whereby all questions arising in relation to a Cayman law trust are to be determined in accordance with Cayman …
Continue reading "Offshore: Roadtesting the law"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Crociani & ors v Crociani & ors  WTLR 975 UKPC
- Helmsman Ltd & anor v Bank of New York Trust Company (Cayman) Ltd  WTLR 75 Cay GC
- In the Matter of HSBC International Trustee Ltd v Tan Poh Lee & ors (2019) unreported 7 November;  WTLR 493 Cay GC
- In the Matter of the A Trust  2 CILR 416
- In the matter of the T Trust  (1) CILR 3
- RBS Coutts (Cayman) Ltd v W & ors  2 CILR 348
- Re B Trust  9 ITELR 783