Matthew Mills considers when members of charitable companies will be subject to fiduciary duties in light of the recent Supreme Court decision in Lehtimäki v Cooper Members of charitable companies may be concerned that Lehtimäki encourages the ‘losing side’ in a members’ vote to challenge the actions of the ‘winning side’. However, one recent authority …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Lehtimäki & ors v Cooper  UKSC 33;  WTLR 967 SC
- Mothew (T/A Stapley & Co) v Bristol & West Building Society  EWCA Civ 533
- Re Hampton Fuel Allotment Charity  Ch 484
- Scott v National Trust  2 All ER 705
- The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation UK v Attorney General & ors  EWHC 1379 (Ch)