Is it possible to resist an application to amend on the grounds that the new case could and should have been advanced earlier? Martin Hutchings QC reviews the basic principles in the context of a recent case One could be forgiven for concluding that the danger that the rule in Henderson is designed to meet …
Continue reading "The Henderson rule: Applications to amend"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Barrow v Bankside Members Agency Ltd  1 WLR 257
- Greenhalgh v Mallard  2 All ER 255
- Henderson v Henderson  67 ER 313
- Johnson v Gore Wood & Co (no 1)  2 AC 1
- Kensell v Khoury  EWHC 567 (Ch)
- Ruttle Plant Hire Ltd v The Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  EWHC 1773
- Soo Kim v Young  EWHC 1781 (QB)
- Stuart v Goldberg  EWCA Civ 2
- Tannu v Moosajee  EWCA Civ 815
- Tobias Gruber v AIG Management France SA  EWHC 1676 (Comm)