Paul Sankey provides guidance on the appropriate test for breach of duty after negligence in diagnosis ‘The judge reached the right answer to the straightforward question “did the professional exercise reasonable care and skill?”, but had to use a route through Bolam and Bolitho to get there.’ The test of what amounts to breach of …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee  1 WLR 582
- Bolitho v City and Hackney Health Authority  UKHL 46
- Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board  UKSC 11
- Muller v King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 128 (QB)
- Penney & ors v East Kent Health Authority  EWCA Civ 3005