Ralph Kellas summarises a recent Supreme Court case concerning an onshore community wind turbine and considers the state of the law in light of it ‘It does not follow from the court’s judgment that a community fund can never be a material consideration. Clearly, it will depend on particular circumstances.’ In November 2019, the Supreme …
Continue reading "Planning update: The boundaries of materiality"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Aberdeen City and Shire Strategic Development Planning Authority v Elsick Development Co Ltd  UKSC 66
- Bolton MBC v Secretary of State for the Environment (1991) 61 P&CR 343
- CREEDNZ Inc v Governor General  1 NZLR 172
- East Barnet Urban District Council v British Transport Commission  2 QB 484
- In Re Findlay  AC 318
- Newbury District Council v Secretary of State for the Environment  AC 578
- R (Copeland) v London Borough of Tower Hamlets  EWHC 1845 (Admin)
- R (on the application of Wright) v Resilient Energy Severndale Ltd & anor  UKSC 53
- R v Hillingdon London Borough Council ex p Royco Homes Ltd  QB 720
- R v Secretary of State for Transport ex p Richmond-upon-Thames LBC  1 WLR 74
- Westminster City Council v Great Portland Estates plc  AC 661