James McKean examines a recent addition to the growing body of case law on undue influence and the elderly testator ‘This judgment serves as a reminder that allegations of undue influence, fraud and sham can be dealt with summarily if they, or if the defence thereto, have no real prospect of success.’ The case of …
Continue reading "Undue influence: Behind the social façade of dementia"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Allcard v Skinner (1887) 36 Ch D 145
- Aurora Developments Ltd & ors v Delta Holdings Ltd & ors  EWHC 1047 (Ch)
- Hewett v First Plus Financial Group plc  EWCA Civ 312
- Moursi (as personal representative of Ann Sybil Gurney deceased) v Doherty  EWHC 830 (Ch)
- National Infrastructure Development Co Ltd v Banco Santander SA  EWCA Civ 27
- Re Ashkettle  WTLR 1331
- Re Byford  EWHC 646 (Ch)
- Royal Bank of Scotland v Etridge  UKHL 44