Bill Braithwaite QC provides his insight on recent significant case law ‘In Montgomery, the Supreme Court highlighted the importance of patient autonomy and the patient’s entitlement to make decisions whether to incur risks of injury inherent in treatment.’ Updating in clinical negligence is not always easy, because the principles usually stay the same, and only …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee  1 WLR 582
- Duce v Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1307
- Hassell v Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 164 (QB)
- Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board  UKSC 11
- Webster v Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  EWCA Civ 62
- YAH v Medway NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 2964 (QB)