Michael Halsey and Mark Stevens round up the latest case law and developments affecting employers and their advisers ‘The Hermes agreement demonstrates a different approach to the ever-evolving legal position of those engaged in gig-economy work.’ Hermes creates ‘self-employed plus’ status for its couriers Following last year’s employment tribunal finding that Hermes couriers were workers …
Continue reading "Legal news: Employment update"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Ameyaw v PwC Services Ltd  UKEAT/0244/18/LA
- Chatfeild-Roberts v Phillips & anor  UKEAT/0049/18/LA
- Gan Menachem Hendon Ltd v De Groen  UKEAT/0059/18/OO
- Ibrahim v HCA International Ltd  UKEAT/0105/18/BA
- Lee v Ashers Baking Company Ltd & ors  UKSC 49
- Leyland & ors v Hermes Parcelnet Ltd  1800575/2017
- Pimlico Plumbers Ltd & anor v Smith  EWCA Civ 51